A quick guide to the different privileges of user roles
This guide is a handy reference to each user role so a decision can be made quickly when bringing a new user online.
- Admin: This is the highest level user. Administrators can create and delete users and have full access to all Newsrooms and the creation and publication of Releases. Admin users can also enforce two-factor authentication for all users in the same account. Only Administrators can upgrade a Mail Standard account to Mail Premium.
- Manager: This account level can access other Newsrooms as assigned by an Administrator. The manager cannot create or delete other users. Managers have full access to make changes to the Newsrooms, and to create and publish new Releases.
- Author: The Author user level only has access to one Newsroom account. They can make changes to the Newsroom, and create and publish new Releases. This account is intended for clients who have more than one Newsroom.
- Contributor: The Contributor level only has limited access to one Newsroom account. They can create draft Releases, but cannot publish them. Releases created by Contributors should be approved and published by an Author or higher-level user.
Contributors are not allowed to:
- Modify the Newsroom
- Change account settings
- Publish or delete Releases
- Mass update contacts, boilerplates and social channels
- Remove assets from the Media Manager
- View statistics