How to create categories and subcategories to organize the Media Library
The Media Library contains all published media in one convenient place for visitors to download and view. This article will explain how to assign media to categories and subcategories so they can be grouped together and found easily.
1. Go to "Cases."
2. Hover over the right side of "Media Library" and click "Edit".
3. In the Category Manager, click on the blue "Add Category" button.
4. Enter the title of the first Category (which will appear on the Media Library page), and assign a tag. Continue clicking "Add Category" as needed.
5. To create a subcategory, click the arrow button on the left side to expand the menu.
6. Click the blue "Add subcategory" button and enter the subcategory title and a corresponding tag.
7. When finished creating all categories and subcategories, click "Save".
8. Click on "Media Manager" on the left column.
9. Begin categorizing by assigning tags to images by clicking the green "+" button and selecting from the menu. Tags can also be manually typed into the field.
10. To include an image in a subcategory, simply select that tag as well.
11. Click "Save".
The Media Library will now display the categories and subcategories.
Learn more about linking in your browser to specific Media Library categories and tags.