How to create a pre-formatted template to quickly create new releases.
Table of contents:
This article will explain how to create a draft case as a "template", that can be used to base new cases on. Setting a template allows new releases to be automatically formatted and pre-populated, saving valuable time.
Create a template
1. Go to "Cases" in the navigation bar.
2. Click the blue "Add Case" button in the top left corner.
3. Select "New Case" under Case Type, and submit a name.
4. Check the box that states "set as Template" under the Options section.
5. Format the "Release Text" section to best fit how the releases should be formatted by adding filler text.
6. If applicable, add the boilerplate text and tag. This will ensure both appear automatically when using the template.
7. Click "Save".
8. Navigate to "Module Order" from the left side.
9. Add, edit and arrange the side and main column modules as desired. This is how side modules will appear on each release based on this template.
10. Click "Save".
11. The template will now appear in "Templates" in the case filter menu by type.
Use the template
12. To use the template, click the blue "Add Case" button in the top left corner.
13. Choose the Case Type "Based On", and select the newly created template from the drop down menu. All cases which are set as "Template", will be grouped under "Templates".
14. Click 'Save' and the new case will be created as a copy of the selected Template.
15. Create and publish the release as usual.
It is possible to create as many Templates as needed.
You can also edit existing templates by going to the Case Overview page. Scroll down to the template section, hover over the template you wish to edit, and choose 'Edit'.