Typically, there are multiple ways you receive questions from the media, or from investors. They are addressed to you personally, or sent to a general form or email address. The Inquiries solution lets you centralize all those questions for easier collaboration, follow-up and insights. A large part of this work can be automated, using the email integration for Inquiries.
Messages sent to the email address set up in the integration will automatically be auto-logged as a new Inquiry. Important attributes of the Inquiry are automatically filled in: the Requester, the subject, the body text and the primary person assigned to pick up the inquiry.
However you receive your inquiries, the email integration can help you simplify your workflow:
- Responses from email campaigns. You can add the Inquiries email address as a Reply-To address for one or multiple senders in Presspage Mail. When you send out email campaigns from this sender, any reply will automatically appear as a new Inquiry.
This can be especially convenient if you send out a campaign to targeted journalists or investors that you expect to reach out to you.
- A shared, general email address for all inquiries. If your team works from a shared inbox, and you communicate a general email address for receiving requests from the press or investors (like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com), you can set up automatic forwarding to the Inquiries address to automatically log all Inquiries there.
Note that this automatic forwarding needs to happen on your end. Ask your IT team if you're unsure.
- A form on your website or Newsroom. If you want journalists or investors to fill in a Request Form on your Newsroom, you can use our Form Module to create that form. In the "Results to Email" field, use the Inquiries email address to automatically log all Inquiries there.
- A personal email inbox. Manually forward messages to the Inquiries email address as soon as you receive them. This will make sure the inquiry can't be forgotten, can be collaborated on, will be easy to find back and will count against your KPI's.
- A personal Whatsapp message. If you have frequent contact with media relations via Whatsapp, an option is to forward messages from Whatsapp as an email. This will give you the same advantages as forwarding a message from your personal email inbox.
- Select the message in your Whatsapp conversation by long pressing, then choose 'Forward'.
- Click the share icon in the bottom right corner.
- Open your email program, such as Gmail.
- It should be populated with the full contents of the Whatsapp message.
- Add the Inquiries email address and hit send!