An email campaign can be based on a Newsroom article:
- In 'Publish Options' as part of your article publication workflow. Choose the option 'Email Campaign' to have your current article imported as an email campaign into the new Mail Editor. This includes any inline images in your article.
- Separate to the article publication workflow through the 'Email' tool
The second option is explained in greater detail below.
Table of contents:
Creating the campaign
- Go to "Email" in the navigation bar.
- Click the blue "New Campaign" button on the left side.
- Choose 'Based on Article' as your campaign type:
And select the article language (for multilingual newsrooms) and article name from the dropdown menu:
After selecting an article, you have the following options:
- Your article title is automatically added as the Subject line, but you can change this as required
- Choose your email template and sender
After clicking 'Create Campaign', you'll be taken to the content editor with your selected article already imported.
(Alternatively, if you are satisfied with the email in the preview, you can move directly to adding recipients by clicking 'Recipients' at the bottom of the page)
Edit your campaign in Content Editor
- The Content Editor allows you to build an email campaign by adding and arranging a variety of modules to your campaign
- The left side shows you a live updating preview of what your email will look like
- The right side allows you to select modules from the Module Manager and to add and modify content to your modules from Module Settings
- With the 'Based on Article' functionality, your Newsroom article is automatically converted into an email campaign, including text, image, and download modules. And if the article contains a personal contact module, then the contact information will be included as well.
|Newsroom Article||'Based on article' Email Campaign|
- All text modules are split into separate modules in the email campaign (title, subtitle, summary, text blocks, boilerplate), allowing you to easily edit and reorder content
- To edit a module in your campaign, click a module to activate it, and make your edits in the Module Settings on the right
- To delete a module, hover over it and click the Trash icon
- Once you are satisfied with your email campaign, select the ‘Recipients’ button to choose which your contacts the email will be sent to
Adding recipients and sending out the campaign is covered in more detail in another article.