How to customize Meta Information of a Newsroom or Release
The "SEO options" module allows you to set specific data to optimize or tweak the default meta information to improve SEO. This article will explain how to customize Meta Information of a Newsroom or Release.
1. Go to Newsroom, or select a specific Release from Cases.
2. Hover over the "Miscellaneous" tab, then choose 'SEO options'.
3. Enter a "meta title", with a maximum of 100 characters.
- The title is an important part of the webpage for search engines to identify the content of a page. By default this is the name of the Account or the title of the Release but can be overwritten by entering a new title in the Meta Data Module.
4. Enter a "meta description".
- Search engines show the meta description in search results, especially when the searched-for phrase is contained in the description. Optimizing the meta description is a very important aspect of on-page SEO.
5. Add a "Canonical URL".
- A canonical URL makes sure that pages with duplicated content within the page will not get indexed by Google. With a canonical tag, the preferred page is provided to Google and other search engines. (This is not for redirect, only for index).
8. When you're done, click "Save". The Meta Data will now be added to the Newsroom or Release.