How to add a Search module to a Newsroom or Release.
This article will explain how to add a "Search" module to a Newsroom or Release. This module allows visitors to enter text to find a specific Release or other content on the Newsroom.
The search module looks up the search query in the title, summary or text block(s) of all published cases and returns the results. It doesn't include text include in any modules that may have been added.
Searching for more than one word will require all of them to be present in the release to return a result (boolean AND).
1. Go to Newsroom in the navigation bar.
2. Hover over the "Miscellaneous" tab, and click on the last green tab, "View more".
3. Click on "Search Module" in the Module library.
5. Enter a title, if desired, and check the box if the title should be visible on the newsroom.
6. Enter "Placeholder" text, if desired. This often includes suggested search terms.
7. To exclude any Releases from appearing in a search, add the tags associated to "Exclude tags".
8. To carry the "Search" module over into all Releases, click the box next to "Show in releases". Additionally, custom cases can be excluded from appearing in a search by clicking the box next to "Exclude custom cases".
9. Click "Save".
The "Search" module will now appear on the Newsroom, and Releases if selected.