How to add a Download module to a Newsroom or article.
This article will explain how to add a "Downloads" module to a Newsroom or an article. This module is a tool that puts all downloadable files into one easily accessible place. It is especially helpful for to make articles easily printable for the reader or to offer a presskit archive file.
You can add documents (in pdf, odt, rtf, doc or docx format), as well as presentations (odp, ppt, pptx), spreadsheets (xls, xlsx) and archive files (zip, rar).
Another option is audio files (in wma, wav or flv format). Finally, videos (avi, mpg, mpeg, wmv, mov, qt) can be added too, although you should know there is also a separate video module for videos in mp4 format. In the example below, we've used pdf files as an example.
1. Go to “Newsroom”, or select a specific article from “Pages”.
2. Click on the “Multimedia” tab under “Modules” and then click on “Downloads”.
3. Toggle the "OFF" button to "ON".
4. Click the “Select Item(s)” button to open the Asset Manager.
- To upload a file from a website, click "Upload via URL".
- Enter the file URL into the box, and click the "Upload via URL" button.
- To upload a file from a computer, click the “Upload Items” button under the text box and select the file to be uploaded, and click “Save”.
Note: more than one file can be selected and uploaded at one time.
5. The file(s) will now appear in the Asset Manager. Click to select the files that will appear on the Newsroom or article. Click “Select”.
6. The files will now appear in the "Downloads" module. The order of appearance can be changed by using the directional icon, and files can be deleted using the "X" icon.
7. Click "Save". The "Downloads" module will now be visible on the Newsroom or article.