How to add a Facebook widget to a Newsroom or Release.
This article will explain how to add a Facebook “Like Pile” or stream to a Newsroom or Release. This widget allows Newsroom or Release visitors to both "Like" and view recent posts to the user's Facebook page without navigating away from the Newsroom or Release.
1. Go to “Newsroom” or select a specific Release from “Cases”.
2. Under modules, hover over the “Social Media” tab and click on “Facebook”.
3. In the Facebook Module, click the “Add Module” button at the top right corner.
4. Add a title, if desired.
5. Enter the URL of the relevant Facebook page into the box provided.
6. Select a widget type:
- "Like Pile": The widget will be display the profile picture, background picture, a “Like” button and a preview of others who have “Liked” the page already. Visitors can click the “Like” button while staying on the Newsroom or Release page.
- "Facebook Stream": The widget will display the profile picture, background picture and a “Like” button, but now also includes the latest posts on the Facebook page, which is scrollable.
7. Click “Save”.
The widget will now be visible on the Newsroom or Release.
8. Adding or Removing Facebook widgets
- To include additional Facebook widgets, repeat all above steps.
- To turn off one or more Facebook widgets, toggle the “ON” button to “OFF” for each, and it will no longer be visible on the Newsroom or Release.
- Click Save when finished.
Note: The widget will automatically be placed at the top of the sidebar. See the article “Module Order” for more information on how to arrange modules.