How to add a Button Module to a Newsroom or Release.
The "Button" Module is a quick way for readers to navigate to another Release, to the Newsroom, or to an external site. This article will explain how to set up one or more "Button Modules", and how to customize them with text and images.
1. Go to “Newsroom”, or select a specific Release from “Cases”.
2. Under “Modules”, hover over the “Interactive” tab and click on “Button module”.
3. Click “New Module” module button at the top right corner.
4. Enter a title for the button (optional). To make the Button Title visible, check the "Show title" box, and it will appear above the button on the Newsroom or Release. Click the green “Add Button” button at the bottom right.
Example of visible Button Module Title:
5. Enter the text to appear within the button.
6. Select whether the button will navigate to an Internal page, such as a Release, or an External page that is not part of the Newsroom.
- If using an Internal link, use the drop down menu to select which Release the button will lead to.
- If using an External link, enter the corresponding URL in the box provided.
- In both cases, click the “Open in new window” box if the button should open the link on a new page, leaving the Newsroom or Release in the background.
7. To specify an image, click “Select Image” to access the Media Manager, and select the image that will be visible as the button.
Example of a button with an image:
8. Click “Save”, then “Save” again.
The Button Module will now be visible on the Newsroom.