Give your visitors a seamless experience by integrating your Newsroom on the same domain as your website.
Table of contents:
Integrating a Newsroom can be done in two different ways, depending on your preference.
Setting up a domain or subdomain is the fastest, easiest and most common way to integrate a Newsroom with your main site. Because a new (sub)domain is being created, its direct positive SEO influence on the main domain is limited. However, it still has a slight indirect positive influence.
If you have a single account with multiple languages, you can choose a different subdomain for each language, like press.example.com for the English language and presse.example.com for the German language.
Instructions for a Subdomain integration
- Start with picking a subdomain (e.g. https://press.example.com or https://news.example.com)
- Contact your IT department or 3rd party vendor and instruct them to add this record to their DNS panel:
- domain: press.example.com (substitute with your own domain)
- type: CNAME record
This record will ensure that the domain is connected to our Platform.
- Notify your Customer Success Manager when this is done so we can complete the subdomain setup
Setting up a subfolder requires a bit more technical knowledge and work on your end (which we can partially assist with) but the advantages are that it fits perfectly with your current website structure and it directly positively influences the SEO of your main domain.
Unlike a subdomain integration, it's not possible to set up a different subfolder for each language in the same account. A newsroom will have one subfolder and different languages appended to it, such as example.com/news for the main newsroom and then example.com/news/de for the German language and example.com/news/fr for French, and so on.
Instructions for a subfolder integration
- Start with picking a subfolder name (e.g. https://www.example.com/press or https://www.example.com/news)
- Contact your IT department or 3rd party vendor and ask them which server environment is in place for hosting your website and inform your Customer Success Manager. We have documentation on integrating on a subfolder for the following servers: Apache, Nginx and IIS.
- Apply the instructions that will be provided by Support.
- Notify your Customer Success Manager when this is done so we can complete the subfolder setup.
If you wish to have a full domain integration instead (newsroom at www.example.com), please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Requirements for a subfolder integration
the following modules: mod_rewrite, mod_proxy, mod_proxy_http, mod_ssl
the module ngx_http_ssl_module
the following add-ons: URLRewrite and Application Request Routing
Article is closed for comments.