How to add one or more videos to a Newsroom or Release.
This article will explain how to add one or more videos to a Newsroom or a Release.
1. Go to “Newsroom”, or select a specific Release from “Cases”.
2. Hover over the “Multimedia” tab under “Modules” and click on “Video”.
3. Add videos by clicking on the green “Select Item(s)” button.
4. Click “Add Video” button in the upper right corner when the Media Manager window appears.
- To upload a video from a website, like YouTube or Vimeo, enter the video URL in the box under “URL/embedcode”, and click “Save”.
- To upload a video from the computer, click the “Upload Video File” button under the text box and select the video file to be uploaded, and click “Save”. Currently only .mp4 videos are supported.
5. The video(s) will now appear in the Media Manager. Click to select the video(s) that will appear on the Newsroom or Release. Click “Select”.
6. Now, choose how the video(s) will be displayed.
The videos are static and in a row in the order they were uploaded. Change the order by clicking and dragging the images to the desired order of appearance from the Video Module.
The videos will appear in a row that scrolls.
- Gallery (no scroll):
Videos appear the same as with Gallery, but does not automatically scroll.
Note: to add a title and description to videos, please see the article “How to add and edit titles and descriptions in the Media Manager”.
7. Click “Save”, then “Close”.
The videos will now be visible on the Newsroom or Release.
A thumbnail can be specified on the site that hosts the video (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, or others). So for Youtube, click the 'Share' option on the video page, select 'Start at' and fill in the time you want to start the video from. Finally, copy the generated link and paste it in the video module in your release.
It's also possible to embed a video in your release text.