Adding user accounts to the Newsroom platform.
This article will explain how to create new user accounts that grant access to make changes to a Newsroom. Different access levels can be granted depending on how each user will be contributing to a Newsroom.
After a new user has been created, an email with instructions will be sent to the provided email address.
1. Click on the user icon at the far right side of the navigation bar
2. Click "Admin settings" from the drop down menu.
Note: only Administrator level users will have this ability.
3. Click the "Add User" button in the "Users" section.
Note: ensure that the email address is entered correctly. This is where login credentials will be sent, and will serve as the username.
5. Select the timezone where the user is located and the type of account the user will have:
6. The newly created user will receive an email with instructions to complete the account setup. If only one Newsroom account exists, the new user will automatically be assigned to it.
7. If there are multiple Newsroom accounts, the Administrator must assign an account to the new user. Find the user in the "Admin Settings" menu, and click the hamburger icon.
Note: Administrator level accounts can also change user type and delete users from this menu.
8. Choose accounts to select the account that the new user will be working in.
9. Select one account from the drop down menu, or click the three dots icon for a mass edit option, and click "Add".
The user now has access to the platform and can begin working as intended.
For security reasons, Presspage staff is not permitted to create new accounts on behalf of clients.