How to create a pre-formatted template to quickly create new articles.
Table of contents:
This article will explain how to create a draft article as a "template", that can be used to base new articles on. Setting a template allows new articles to be automatically formatted and pre-populated, saving valuable time.
Create a template
1. Go to "Pages" in the navigation bar.
2. Click the blue "Add page" button in the top left corner.
3. Select "New page" under Page Type, and submit a name.
4. Check the box that states "set as Template" under the Options section.
5. Format the "Article Text" section to best fit how the articles should be formatted by adding filler text.
6. If applicable, add the boilerplate text and tag. This will ensure both appear automatically when using the template.
7. Click "Save".
8. Navigate to "Page Layout" from the left side.
9. Add, edit and arrange the side and main column modules as desired. This is how side modules will appear on each article based on this template.
10. Click "Save".
11. The template will now appear in "Templates" in the page filter menu by type.
Use the template
12. To use the template, click the blue "Add page" button in the top left corner.
13. Choose the Page Type "Based On", and select the newly created template from the drop down menu. All pages which are set as "Template", will be grouped under "Templates".
14. Click 'Save' and the new page will be created as a copy of the selected Template.
15. Create and publish the article as usual.
It is possible to create as many Templates as needed.
You can also edit existing templates by going to the Page Overview page. Scroll down to the template section, hover over the template you wish to edit, and choose 'Edit'.