How to crop a photo into the perfect thumbnail.
This article explains how to manually select what part of an image should appear as the thumbnail version.
1. Go To "Asset Manager" from the left side navigation.
2. Click the cog icon on the right side of the image thumbnail to be edited.
3. Scroll down until the blue "Edit Thumbnail" button appears, and click it.
4. Click and drag over the image to begin cropping what part of the image should be featured in the thumbnail.
6. To adjust the height and width independently of each other, select the "Custom" option in the Aspect ratio box.
7. Once the thumbnail crop lines are correct around the image, click "Crop Image".
Note: cropping will only affect the thumbnails. The original image will remain untouched.
8. If the cropped thumbnail version looks correct, click the green "Save Thumbnail" button. The thumbnails for this image will now appear as cropped when used in Modules.
9. To start over, click the blue "Change Selection" button.
10. To reset all cropping, click the blue "Reset Image" button.
The thumbnail will be reset to the default view.
When the photo is cropped, you also have the option to show the unedited original image in the preview pop-up box instead. To enable this, check 'show original image in preview'.
See 'Edit Video Thumbnail' to learn how to specify a 'preview frame' for videos.