Table of contents:
The foundation of a Newsroom is the content that is published and featured under a headline. This article will explain how to create and customize a basic article.
Add a page
1. Go to "Pages".
2. Click the blue "Add page" button in the top left corner.
3. Choose what Page type to use:
- "Article" will create an article with a default set of modules and modules inherited from the Newsroom to configure and populate with content.
- "Custom Page" will create a page with no default modules and can be used to create standalone pages like a Bio or Product page.
- "Based on" will create an article based on another article. All modules and content will be copied over in the same manner as the selected Page.
- To set up a new template to base future content on, refer to this article.
For this example, a "new page" will be created.
4. Create a Page name, which will be used to find the page later.
Add title and text
5. The first page is the "Article Text" page. The "Title" field will default to the name of the page, and serves as the main title of the article but can of course be altered.
6. Enter a subtitle and summary, if desired. A subtitle will improve the SEO.
7. Enter the main body text of the article into the "Textblock" box. To break the text up into sections that can be separated by an Image module, Quote module, etc., click the "Add an Extra Textblock" button at the bottom right.
- This step can be repeated to break up the article as desired.
Add additional information
8. Add a boilerplate if desired, by clicking on the word "Boilerplate", and populating the window that appears.
9. Enter a "Publish city".
10. The "Slug" is the identifying part of the article's URL. It will default to the title of the article. This can be changed, but it is not recommended to change it once the article has been published.
11. Choose a "Featured image". This will be the thumbnail image that appears with the article.
12. Add optional Tags. If a tag matches one of the Headline Module tags, the article will appear in that Headline Module.
- Existing headline tags can be easily selected by clicking the "Tag library" button and choosing from the drop down menu.
13. Click "Save".
Add additional modules
14. To add additional modules to the article beyond text, click the "Page Layout" button.
16. Drag and drop new modules into the desired location within the article.
17. Click "Save". The article can now be previewed before being published on the Newsroom by using the blue 'Preview page' button.
- Directly publish your article
- Schedule or antedate your article
- Distribute your article to Social channels