Table of contents:
The foundation of a Newsroom is the content that is published and featured under a headline. This article will explain how to create and customize a basic Release.
Add a case
1. Go to "Cases".
2. Click the blue "Add Case" button in the top left corner.
3. Choose what Case type to use:
- "New Case" will create a Release with a default set of modules and modules inherited from the Newsroom to configure and populate with content.
- "Custom Page" will create a Release with no default modules and can be used to create standalone pages like a Bio or Product page.
- "Based on" will create a Release based on another case. All modules and content will be copied over in the same manner as the selected Case.
- To set up a new template to base future content on, refer to this article.
For this example, a "new case" will be created.
4. Create a Case name, which will be used to find the case later.
Add title and text
5. The first page is the "Release Text" page. The "Title" field will default to the name of the Case, and serves as the main title of the Release but can of course be altered.
6. Enter a subtitle and summary, if desired. A subtitle will improve the SEO.
7. Enter the main body text of the Release into the "Message" box. To break the text up into sections that can be separated by an Image module, Quote module, etc., click the "Add an Extra Textblock" button at the bottom right.
- This step can be repeated to break up the Release as desired.
Add additional information
8. Add a boilerplate if desired, by clicking on the word "Boilerplate", and populating the window that appears.
9. Enter a "Publish city".
10. The "Safename" is the identifying part of the Release's URL. It will default to the title of the Release. This can be changed, but it is not recommended to change it once the Release has been published.
11. Choose a "Featured image". This will be the thumbnail image that appears with the Release.
12. Add optional Tags. If a tag matches one of the Headline Module tags, the Release will appear in that Headline Module.
- Existing headline tags can be easily selected by clicking the "Tag library" button and choosing from the drop down menu.
13. Click "Save".
Add additional modules
14. To add additional modules to the Release beyond text, click the "Module Order" tab.
16. Drag and drop the new modules into the desired location within the Release using the directional icon.
17. Click "Save". The Release can now be previewed before being published on the Newsroom.
- Directly publish your Release
- Schedule or antedate your Release
- Distribute your Release to Social channels